Trying to figure it out...

I'm a teacher, this homeschooling thing should feel kind of comfortable right?  Oh wait, just like my first year of teaching this kind of sucks. I'm trying to figure it out and it's been a slow process.  Wednesday we started a list/schedule of to-dos.  And we did pretty well.  Still not as efficient as I'd like but hey it's a start.  Too bad it's Wednesday so still a bit off from the goal of Monday.

But to be fair Monday I had my nephews and we did get some school work done.  We actually had an amazing day where I thought, yeah I can do this.  Tuesday was different as I was outnumbered 6:1 on the kid thing and we just did our best.  But Wednesday, now that was a day that could show the way everyday could work.

Thankfully those that are runners know that the last thing any of us are able to give up is the run.  So we didn't.  I ran 25 miles last and was ever so grateful for it.  If I wasn't running via social distancing then Strava had added a group run we could join virtually.  This is the stuff that we need right now.

One of my running groups hosted a "Flower Hour" on Zoom.  Another great way to connect, as much as we're trying to connect virtually it's still hard. 

There are still times when it's not quite enough and wondering how to learn more code, transition to teaching online, homeschool my child and still stay healthy.  So I did what I could and some days I didn't code but I worked through it.  This week I feel like we have an opportunity to put everything we learned from last week to the test.  We will be able to work on getting things done but not overdoing it, working out and feeling healthy.  I had positive thoughts about all of it...and then I woke up to snow. Not a lot but enough that I'm frustrated and trying to revamp my thoughts and how this will work again.

But that's what we do, right?  As educators and developers...we look at the issue and figure out what's next.  I love working on bugs in code so that's how I'm going to look at the snow this morning -- a bug in the code.  How can I fix it, work around it or alter the code (schedule) to make it work out.  This, this is how I can handle it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 of Quarantine -- Making the most out of our time.

Things I've learned this week...

NumPy and Pandas -- the Start of Summer