End of the Academic Year 2020

Wow that's it -- school is over and summer is here...crazy to think this whole pandemic/quarantine started in March and now in June, we have riots and protests breaking out all over the nation and the world.  What a different place we're in now than when I moved back in July.  I'm pretty sure no one could have predicted what would happen and what is happening, I know I couldn't and wouldn't. 

But now on to new goals and a new way of life.  School always comes and we learn what we learn. This year has been a lot of growth for all of us but now we're moving on to a summer we didn't expect but gives us a variety of opportunities to try.  

Time to set the goals for the summer!  I'm a planner so setting up the goals is crucial for me to get work done. So here are my preliminary goals for the summer:

1. Work through the DataQuest curriculum to focus on data analysis work.
2. Find a part-time job to help the transition to the US a bit easier.
3. RUN - my mileage has suffered since I messed up my knee but the goal is now to hit at least 20 miles a week and hopefully more.
4. Enjoy the Michigan summer -- camping, being outdoors and remembering why it's a great place to live.


And that's it -- my goals for the summer.  I need to finish the goals I've set from before but with doing this part I think we can all learn and move on to becoming the people we should be in this world of turmoil.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 of Quarantine -- Making the most out of our time.

Things I've learned this week...

NumPy and Pandas -- the Start of Summer